Wednesday, July 7, 2010

How to keep your kids backpack safe

by: Concern Mom

How to keep your child’s backpacks safe from the bullies?

Like any other Mom you want your children to be safe all the time. I will freak out if my child will come home from school carrying his school backpacks with saggy face and in a very upset mood because he lose his Batman kids backpack or lose his toys I kept in his bag. Not that he lose his bag or toys but on the thought that maybe he was bullied and harassed by big boys in school and involved in a fist fight or worst it was being snatched by somebody in the street. You will never know what will happen this day.


Frankly, I know I sound like a paranoid mother. But like any “girls scout” mother I always took some precautionary measures for my child to stay safe at all times.

Here's how I keep my child's backpack and its content secure when he go to school or even when we travel. In this way, I could teach my boy how to be careful and be responsible on his own stuffs.

Choose the right pack- Choose backpacks that open on the top only. Backpacks with multiple compartments inside are great to put the important stuffs out of reach from the intruders.

Keep the zipper tucked low- When your child close his pack, teach him to keep the zipper tucked as low as possible. That way your child can reach under his arm easily to check that it’s still closed and secure from time to time.

Snap on a mini-carabiner- Locked the backpack zipper of your child closed with a carabiner, this kind of weird at the beginning but it gives you and your child with tremendous peace of mind. Your child can take it off easily when he needs to get something, but it’s one more obstacle from the bully classmates.

Put the good stuff deep inside- Finally; help your child to arrange his things from putting the good stuff deep inside and less valuable at the top. Discuss it between your child the most important and valuable things in his school bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment